OEM APPRECIATION DINNER
480 South Adams Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Thursday June 15 from 6-9 pm.
All Dinner Guests are encouraged to bring vehicles for display in the courtyard area on the east side of the building.
Cars are to be parked along
the wall/garages (leaving a center lane open as a fire lane), and you should bring something to put under the car to catch any drips so that the bricks are not stained.
Meadow Brook Hall is a Tudor revival style mansion located at 480 South Adams Road in Rochester Hills, Michigan. It was built between 1926 and 1929 by Matilda Dodge Wilson (the widow of auto pioneer John Francis Dodge) and her second husband, lumber broker Alfred G. Wilson. In 1957, the mansion and the surrounding property and buildings were donated to the State of Michigan in order to found Michigan State University–Oakland, now known as Oakland University. In 2012, it was named a National Historic Landmark.
Often referred to as one of America's "castles," the 110-room, 88,000-square-foot mansion is currently ranked sixth on the list of Largest Historic Homes in the United States, but is the third largest historic house museum. It was designed by William Kapp of the firm Smith, Hinchman & Grylls. Much of the original artwork collected by the Wilsons is still found at Meadow Brook including paintings by Anthony van Dyck, Rosa Bonheur, Joshua Reynolds, John Constable and Thomas Gainsborough and sculpture by Antoine-Louis Barye, Cyrus Edwin Dallin, and Herbert Haseltine. The home and the surrounding estate, known as Meadow Brook Farms, are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and as of 2012, the estate is a National Historic Landmark. Landmark status is the highest honor a historic place in the United States can receive.
In 1957, Alfred and Matilda Dodge Wilson donated all of their estate to Michigan State University, including Meadow Brook Hall, Sunset Terrace, the Wilsons' retirement home, and all its other buildings and collections, along with $2 million to found Michigan State University-Oakland (now Oakland University). The Wilsons, who retained lifetime rights to the houses, lived in the Sunset Terrace home until Alfred's death in 1962. In 1963, Mrs. Wilson returned to Meadow Brook Hall and lived there until her death in 1967.
Local musician Jon Rice will be performing.
If you are an OEM please click here to register for the dinner.